I’ve hand curated these resources to focus on the more nuanced aspects of remote work as it pertains to product managers. If you are just starting to explore remote work, a simple Google search will give you the basics. These resources go much deeper, and challenge the way you think and practice remote work as a product manager. If you have any suggestions to add to the list, please let me know, and I’ll credit you on this page.
- Scaling a remote company: I talked with Aula‘s COO Rune Kvist, answering questions on scaling a remote company, as they close down their London office and build out their remote team.
- How remote work enables rapid innovation at GitLab: I wrote this GitLab blog post explaining how remote is a competitive advantage at GitLab, not a business operations risk.
- What Most Remote Companies Don’t Tell You About Remote Work: Doist CEO Amir Salihefendic addresses isolation, anxiety, and depression for remote workers.
- There are 5 Points on the Scale of Remote Working: Buffer CEO Joel Gascoigne defines and details the spectrum of remote work, from co-located physical offices to a fully distributed workforce where team members are continually re-locating.
- Remote: Office Not Required: The pioneering remote work book by Basecamp co-founders Jason Fried and DHH. The principles hold up surprisingly well (and is thus worth a read) even though it was published back in 2013.